PATMA is working in partnership with Bendigo Chamber Music Festival to deliver an educational program for the City of Greater Bendigo during the festival and throughout the year. The program focuses on working with
- children within the region, particularly in the state school system
- children with special needs
- local community groups
The educational program is multifaceted and designed to give in-depth, meaningful musical experiences to the next generation of Bendigo students. The program gives these students access to Australian and international artists that hold principal positions in major orchestras and professorships in leading Universities. The program in 2020 includes
- 12 visits to local primary schools giving concerts and presentations including those schools that do not have a music program
- 2 open masterclasses for secondary school students and community based ensembles.
- 12 private lessons for students/teachers with some of Europe’s leading musicians, held at Bendigo South East Secondary School and Bendigo Secondary College
- Cushion concerts titled “Draw what you Hear” and “Peter and the Wolf “. There will be performances that will be specifically tailored for local special needs students at their school and concerts that focus on children aged 0 – 5 years old both held at the Capital Theatre.